Growing up I always wanted to be doing something else; it didn't matter if it was fun I was always looking forward to the next activity or place we could go. I've alway envied people who could spend hours at a time working quietly on one project and come away fulfiled and content. I just can't seem to grasp that concept; I love the excitment of interacting with people and having something to look forward to every week.
Lately this has caused some problems in our family because I have "overbooked" myself. I am out of the door by 7:20am with Andra dressed and feed; and sometimes her hair done...with a quick kiss to both the hubby and the baby I am off to work. I am home by 5:00pm whip up dinner; eat hastily and then i'm out the door again by 6:00. Twice a week Chuck is included in my acivities (playing slow pitch softball together), and once he is not (horseback riding). And where is Alexandra in all this?? Well she has often accompanied us to our game which is great while she is happy and playing; keeping a 2 year old up until 10:00 twice a week???...not really fair, so the obvious solotion is to leave her behind with Grandpa who reads her stories and puts her to bed before we arrive home. Fantastic right? Yes and No. I love the time I spend with my husband being active and socalizing with our team, but the next morning when I only spend 15 minutes with my daughter, I realize I missed something.
So once again it's back to the juggling act...there has to be a way to have it all, family, work & personal fulfillment, but how? I know this is a question that has been plaguing women for years maybe even centuries; who am I to think I can solve it? I am not sure, but you can bet I am going to try my darnest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment