Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Back!

Hey everyone,
I am happy to announce that I have decided to start blogging again. I guess I need a distraction at work or maybe just having some time without Alexandra pulling at me or getting into the cupboards every time I stop to type is the key. Regardless I feel the need to once again share my thoughts and feelings with the world.

There has been many changes in our family and to sit here and catch you all up would take hours and hours; so here is where we are now: I am back working full time and the same firm (McNeney & McNeney) only I am working downtown Vancouver. The commute is about 45 minutes on the bus which is not as bad as I imagined and there is a bright spot in the future. The Skytrain running from the Airport to downtown will be complete in September and according to Translink's website I'll be able to get from Richmond to Downtown in 15 minutes!

Alexandra is going to preschool/daycare it is in a lady's basement and she teaches the Montessori philosophy which promotes self correction and lots of play time. They go outside twice per day rain or shine which of course the kids LOVE. The adjustment has not been without it's growing pains, but it feels like we all have more purpose to our lives (mommy goes to work and Daddy & Alexandra go to school).

Chuck is enjoying some time off before he tackles law school at UBC in the fall. We are all proud of him in his decision to go and for getting fantastic marks on his LSAT.

This Spring Chuck and I are playing softball again which means games twice a week; it makes life a little more hectic will all the changes, but it's a great excuse to get out of the house enjoy the fresh air and get some excersize. Alexandra enjoying tagging along and playing in the park with whoever she can rope into coming with her. I have also starting horseback riding lesson, which I am exstatic about; i've always had a passion for working with animals and now i've found away to enjoy that aspect without the added responsiblity of owing them.

Hopefully this time I will be able to establish a sustainable routine for updating everyone on what's going on in our lives.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Hey, welcome back!
Sounds like some good changes - especially horseback riding. Good for you!!!s