Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Poor Baby

So this week hasn't been the most fun around our house. I guess it's just that time of year. I got the flu about 1 week ago, then this Sunday(16th) Alexandra woke up from her nap and thew up all over the place, this continued much of the night and in the morning we woke up to find both Grandma and Grandpa inflicted and Dad feeling a little queasy. We thought Alexandra was doing better in the afternoon, as she was running around and eating everything in sight, but shortly after dinner she started throwing up again and by 10:00pm we decided to take her to Children's Hospital. It was really busy but they took us in after about 10 minutes, checked all her vitals etc. and gave her some kind of pill to stop the vomiting and then we had to try and rehydrate her by giving her 5ml of "pedieleytic" (sp?) or "baby gatoraide" every 5 minutes...we did this until 2:00am when they finally discharged us. We went home and got a few hours of sleep. Alexandra was ok most of the day yesterday, but went on a drinking strike in the afternoon...we finally got
about a bottle and a 1/2 of milk by 10:00pm...but I had to wake her up this morning at 8:45 because her diaper was bone dry :-( we tried to get her to drink some juice which she promptly threw up, so I am back to giving her 5ml every 5 minutes....

2 comments:

The Bandong Family said...

Poor thing. Hope she is feeling better soon. As well as everyone else in your home.
Lori

Two Mittens said...

Sick little ones are the worst. And I feel bad that they can't tell us how they feel.
We're still sick here too. blech.

I hope we all get well SOON!!